Remembering a Family Member or Friend
There are times, other than when the church offers Holy bread, that we would like to remember someone in prayers during the Great Entrance. Perhaps a family member or a friend is celebrating a birthday or is not feeling well or you just want to have special prayers for them. Maybe you wish to remember a deceased loved one. Fill out a commemoration card and enclose your donation for the health or remembrance prayers, then return sealed envelope to an usher. It will be given to the priest for the following Sunday Liturgy and will be mentioned in the Sunday bulletin.
Kurban (Holy Bread)
- Holy Bread is offered to remember a death, health concern, birthday or other special reason.
- Holy bread is made with flour, water, salt, and yeast only
- Kindly bring five (5) loaves to church no later than 10:00 AM on Sunday morning wrapped in a fine white cloth such as a tablecloth
- After the Liturgy, retrieve your cloth-wrapped, half loaf (for distribution to your family and friends) in the Narthex
- Call or e-mail the church secretary with the names of those you wish to have remembered in prayers for the living and deceased by Wednesday at noon
- Names will be mentioned in the bulletin and during the Great Entrance portion of the Liturgy
Memorial Wheat is specially prepared for a "Memorial Service", a short, 10-minute prayer at the end of Liturgy, to commemorate a death. Contact a Preparer listed below to order and/or for instructions.